Presbyterian offers our healthcare network a one-call solution when members need a transfer for specialized care. Make one call to transfer a member to a Presbyterian facility. Presbyterian Care Connection:
- Simplifies the transfer of members to a Presbyterian facility
- Ensures continuity of care
- Expedites access to critical services for members
- Keeps members and families in New Mexico
We arrange the acceptance of members including having a ready bed assignment and assistance with transportation, if necessary (whether air or ground transport).
Your call will be answered by a seasoned Critical Care Nurse. He or she will:
- Obtain the caller’s name and sending hospital
- Obtain the member’s demographic information
- Obtain clinical information to triage the member
- Connect you to the right physician to expedite acceptance of the member
- Once accepted, provide a ready bed assignment
- Assist with arranging air or ground transportation
- Provide referring nursing staff with a phone number to call for a nurse-to-nurse report
Access to highly specialized care in our community is now one call away.